I believe it’s worth it to read the entire Bible quickly, and I’m willing to stand behind that belief. So I invite you to join me in my annual Bible blitz. The first 3 people to finish before me will win both a copy of Knowable Word and the study Bible of their choice from my buying guide. Note: If I decide international shipping costs are prohibitive, I reserve the right to email you a gift certificate or ebook instead of a physical book.
- You must read (not scan or skim) all 66 books of the Protestant Bible. You may choose the translation and reading plan (canonical, chronological, etc.). You don’t have to stop and meditate on every detail, but I’m trusting you to be honest about reading and not skimming. Listening to an unabridged audio Bible is acceptable.
- You may not begin until January 1, 2016.
- As soon as you finish, you must email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (or contact me through the web form) with the date you finished and what you thought of the speed-reading process.
- The first 3 people to finish before I do may select a study Bible for their prize package. If you request physical books instead of ebooks, I reserve the right to send you a gift card if I determine shipping costs are excessive.
- When I finish my speed-read, or when 3 others have contacted me (whichever comes first), I will update this post and close the contest.
To give you a sense of scope, here are the dates I finished my speed-reads over the last 5 years.
2011 – March 20
2012 – March 12
2013 – March 11
2014 – March 8
2015 – February 6[2016 – February 5 — UPDATE: the contest is now over.]
The speed jumped in 2015 because I began supplementing my reading time with an audio Bible.
I’ll look forward to hearing from you. I hope you have as much fun with it as I do, and may the Lord draw us all nearer to him through it!