This week, courtesy of the Christian satire site, Babylon Bee, we bring you 10 super-helpful Bible reading tips. Please remember these tips are not only helpful, but super helpful to your devotional life.
- Carefully select the Bible that looks the coolest.
- Broadcast your quiet time on every outlet available.
- Pray that God would reveal how awesome you are.
- Take it easy.
- Figure out the context of a verse, and then disregard it completely.
- Draw elaborate doodles all over the text.
- Allegorize literally everything.
- Make every effort to apply the difficult texts to everyone in the world except yourself.
- Keep in mind, every verse means “judge not.”
- Remember who it’s all about: you.
For a richer explanation of these magisterial skills and how you can perfect them, make sure to see the full article.