Professor David Murray has great passion and exceptional skill at helping people build lifelong Bible-reading discipline into their children. In an article at Desiring God, he gives 8 tips to help your children read the Bible.
- Give them a Bible they enjoy.
- Give them an example to follow.
- Give them a compelling motive.
- Give them a clear, manageable plan.
- Give them questions to ask.
- Give them answers when they have questions.
- Give them encouragement to keep reading.
- Give them grace in their failures.
All of this comes from a simple vision:
One of the best gifts you’ll ever give to your children is familiarity with the Bible and its message.
Amen! I commend Murray’s full article to you. Check it out!