At the Gospel Coalition, Sara Wallace has two principles and three questions to help us teach our kids to read the Bible.
- The Bible is Not About You
- The Bible Tells One Story
The questions, for the kids to consider when they read:
- What does this passage teach me about God?
- What does this passage teach me about human being (or myself)?
- What does this passage teach me about the need for and the coming of a Savior?
It’s really that simple. Whether you try these three questions, or our devotional page, or any other way to frame these issues—the best thing we can do for our kids is inspire them to drink from the fountain of delights which is this book, the word of God. Whatever makes most sense to you and to your kids, do it!