Please note: I believe the defense of these points is a worthwhile endeavor; it’s just not my purpose on this site. For helpful resources, check out a site like Apologetics 315.
- The Bible is God’s Word.
- God wants people to understand his Word.
- God spoke through human authors by means of ordinary written communication that was understandable in its time.
- The Bible should be translated into modern languages so modern people can know it. Many English translations faithfully capture the meaning of the original text.
- God wants all kinds of people to know him and have life. Therefore, our method for studying the Bible should be simple enough to engage young children yet profound enough to occupy erudite scholars.
- The Bible is all about Jesus (who is the Word of God), and how God’s plans are worked out in Him.
- Preachers and teachers have an important role in Christ’s Church. Part of that role is to teach God’s Word to God’s people. Teaching God’s Word includes teaching people how to read and study it.
- I’m not the only one in the world who cares about God, Jesus, and the Bible. I’m neither a better person nor a more committed Christian than other Bible teachers. I need God’s help, and I invite your help.