Desiring God posted an article from Jon Bloom called “Be Ready to Answer Your Kids’ Questions About the Bible.”
Christianity stands or falls on the reliability, inspiration, and authority of the Bible. Children pick up on that early. We tell them that they should trust the Bible. At some point they will (and should) ask why (if they feel it’s okay to ask).
He goes on to answer the following questions in language suitable to a 9-year-old.
- How do we know the Bible is reliable?
- Who decided what should be in the Bible?
- How do we know the Bible has no errors in it?
- Who can understand the Bible?
- Why do we need the Bible to know God?
- Does the Bible tell us everything we need to know?
Are you ready to answer these questions? Check it out!